Very Accomplished Woman
Address, Phone # 1, firstname.lastname@example.org, LSAC ID, SS#, all on one line.
Yale University School of Epidemiology and Public Health, New Haven CT
Master of Public Health, May -year Concentration: Health Policy &
- Senior Editor, Case Studies - Yale Journal of Very Important Stuff
- Member- Yale Health Community Organization
- Grants Committee - Yale University Fundraising Auction
- Member - Yale University Public Health Multicultural Student Organization
Bryn Mawr College, Bryn Mawr PA
Bachelor of Arts, -year Anthropology, Concentration: Medical Anthropology
- Member -Minority Student Group, Bryn Mawr College, PA (ongoing)
- Current responsibilities include initiating mentor relationships between
Black Alumna and undergraduates.
- Activities Coordinator- Social Service Agency, Ardmore, PA
- Volunteered at this transition home for women recovering from addiction and
co-occurring mental diagnoses.
- General & Executive Board Member Women's Group, Bryn Mawr College
- Black Cultural Center Head; Revitalized and maintained BCC Library.
Analyst, Government Accountability Office, Washington, DC
Design and conduct performance audits of federal health care programs and
policies. Responsibilities are to develop research questions, collect and
analyze data, meet with agency and congressional staff, and present findings
and recommendations in GAO report.
Intern, Government Accountability Office, Washington, DC Summer
Performed duties of full-time Analyst on GAO's Health Care Group, Medicaid
Constituent Representative to Pennsylvania State Senator you-know
Legislative liaison for a wide array of issues related to health, Medicare,
and social concerns. Attended meetings for Senator, researched and prepared
reports for issues of medical malpractice, patient advocacy, and public health
legislation, organized press conference at Montgomery Hospital Medical Center
to announce new med-mal legislation.
Research Fellow-Special Minority Undergraduate Fellowship Program year-year
Conducted original ethnographic fieldwork in Virgin Islands investigating
the healing culture with respect to Territory's social, political, and medical
history. Findings were presented and defended in an undergraduate thesis.
Research Intern- Big Name Pharmaceutical Company, Radnor PA,
Performed independent biomedical research in Endocrinology/Contraceptive
Health in Women's Health Research
Trainee- Minority Access to Research Careers, Temple University
Medical School Philadelphia, PA year-year
Explored clinical and laboratory research through apprenticeships with
government, industry, and university scientists.
Student Researcher-Temple U Medical School, Department of Anatomy
and Cell Biology Philadelphia, PA year-year
Conducted Independent Research which resulted in a publication in the Journal
of the Association for Academic Minority Physicians Fall -year.